Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Something old, something new......

Here we are upon the holiday season again. I have worked for a jewelry store in the mall for 15yrs, and quite frankly, I am burned out. It is a different world in jewelry from 15 yrs ago, and I suppose that happens with most everything. I still LOVE jewelry and always will, but I think I am ready for a change.




With that being said, I think I may have found my niche (maybe niches....lol). I have been crafting for as long as I can remember along with photography (this is my one true passion). I opened my Etsy store in March of this year and a few short months later, my Zibbet store. I have also begun selling my old odds and ends on eBay. Fortunately, eBay has been selling some of my loved, but no longer needed "things". Etsy has sold a few things, and unfortunately, Zibbet, none. I am hearing I am not alone in my Zibbet situation.....I will just keep promoting, and spreading the word.



I have 2 new ventures in addition to the online stores (as if I am not busy enough with that AND a family!) I have been dabbling in portrait photography which I have been having an amazing time doing!!! I have been "practicing" with friends and family, and now have my first PAID job! I am SO excited! It is a maternity shoot. I have not done this before, but am really excited to try something new!



The other new venture is being a substitute clerical worker and substitute lunch/recess aide at the girls' school. I have been having a GREAT time working there! This is an amazing school! It is like one BIG, crazy family. But, then who's family isn't crazy! Lol!! The kids are so much fun! They definitely keep you on your toes! Something is always going on......from cuts to fights to vomiting to drama! It is similar to what I do at the jewelry store.....just a different crowd! lol!

Anyway....enough is enough....I will post about my Sunday night photo shoot next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment